Monday, February 2, 2009

Microsoft V United States

Surfing the wikipedia to learn about Guantánamo Bay a series of links ended me at the Microsoft V United States antitrust case. I noticed there was some video of bill gates disposition and a link to the whole video, i was interested so followed the wikipedia to this page that hosts the whole disposition in a variety of formats. The native format was WMV, a Microsoft format video, but the webmaster was kind enough to provide an open alternatives, such as Theora Video, DUDE! At first I looked at the file size differences and laughed at WMV's weak compression so picked Theora for my viewing choice. After having to download a special program to view the video, the audio and video were completely out of sync! Later I downloaded the trusty WMV and it worked perfectly and even had an extra feature of displaying captions at the bottom. After watching more of this disposition that I probably should have, all I have to say is, Bill Gates rules!

No comments: